Quick Quiz 2
LEGAL SEAGULL'S QUICK QUIZ
SUPREME COURT OF CANADA
How much do you know about the Supreme Court of Canada?
1. How many female judges are currently serving on the Supreme Court of Canada?
2. There is a proposed new law that will require future Supreme Court justices to understand French and English without the aid of an interpreter
3. Are you allowed to represent yourself at the Supreme Court of Canada?
4. To be appointed to the Supreme Court of Canada you must be a lawyer or superior court judge:
5. A nominee to the Supreme Court of Canada must appear at a public Senate Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing:
Click here for more Quiz questions about the Supreme Court of Canada!
1. - c) 5
2. - a) True (Bill C-232 is currently before the Canadian Senate)
3. - a) Yes. The Court provides information for self-represented litigants on its website at: http://www.scc-csc.gc.ca
4. - a) true
5. - false. Canadian Supreme Court judges are appointed by Canada's Governor in Council. For more information about appointment of Supreme Court judges visit (Department of Justice; CBA). U.S. Supreme Court nominees are nominated by the U.S. President, and must then be confirmed by the U.S. Senate.
Visit www.scc-csc.gc.ca for further information about the Supreme Court of Canada!